• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How long do you sleep at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transcendence

Bluelighter
During highschool, I averaged less than four hours of sleep at night, considering that I had to wake up for 6 and couldn't begin falling asleep until at least 2. Needless to say, I felt pretty shitty most days. Now that I'm at university I've been sleeping too much - at least ten hours, and sometimes more. I can't seem to find a health medium.

How long do you typically sleep at night? During weekdays / weekends? Is this amount of sleep working for you?

on this winter break I typically fall asleep at 2am, and wake up at noon. It is horrible, horrible. I can't seem to get back in my normal sleep pattern.

my sleeping varies extremely...
seroquel knocks me out and can keep me asleep for up to fifteen hours, but i rarely get that much sleep. during school and work i probably get about five hours a night. if i'm just working i can usually manage to pull between seven and eight. if i have nothing to do i will sleep for fifteen hours, damn seroquel.

depends what I take beforehand:
if it's nothing - 2 to 4 hours,
if it's Zopiclone - 6 to 8 hours
if it's Temazepam - 5 to 6 hours
if it Promazine, depending on doses, anywhere between 2 hours and 16 hours.

there are others but those are the main ones to effect me.
I work shifts anyway so stupid sleeping patterns are all part and parcel, really. :p

Oh and alcohol can really effect me - depending how drunk I am first depends how many hours, but usually causes at least 5 hours sleep but my sleep is much lighter and less comfortable.

I sleep between 4 and 5 in the morning on weeknights. I get up between 11am and 1pm weekdays.

Often miss a nights sleep at weekends and I get up earlier too.

Between 5 and 6 and that's an improvement. It's been pretty fucked because I'm a recovering opiate addict & alcoholic.

Roughly 5 hours per night. If I sleep too much more, I feel tired all day...

Back when I abused opioids/benzos, I would sleep 8-10 hours per night. When I briefly got into barbs, I would sleep quite a bit longer...

At the moment I have a standard 9.5 hour sleep every single night. I generally wake up 2 hours prior to actually getting out of bed to relieve my bladder, but I always go back to bed to have a lie-in and / or cuddle with my SO.
The last two hours are rarely actual sleep, but it makes a difference to my feeling of general well-being throughout the day. I've also found it helps enormously with stress levels and fighting off illness. :)

I know people that only sleep 4-5 hours max every night and are among the most functional and alert people I know....I just don't get it. If I wake up after four or five hours of sleep I feel like I'm fucked up on something. Maybe when I'm older.

5-htp is awesome for sleep.. usually get anywhere from 6-9 hrs sleep a night.
Weird dreams for some but works wonders for me :)

Agree with those saying alcohol results in a shit sleep esp after a few hours.

I cannot sleep at all for the life of me even after just getting buzzed on alcohol. Conversely, after taking diphenhydramine / doxylamine succinate I cannot get out of bed for at least 12 hours unless I have some some of urgent commitment. Last night I slept until 4 pm after taking 50 mg :|

8 hours exactly unless I sleep in on purpose or have to wake up for something.

I'll always go to sleep and wake up exactly 8 hours later. Then I have to choose to go back to sleep or get up.

7-8hrs usually, though sometimes it's 6.5ish-12ish if I have no obligations the next day and I feel lazy

Since it varries under the influence of difference substances, I'll just go by "sober sleep" standards...anywhere from 6-8 hrs and I'm good. It helps to have a set schedule too; even more so to go to bed early, and rise early. Always has me feeling better throughout the day.

I am/ was an extremely heavy pot smoker, hitting the bong every night till i passed out. My sleeping pattern was terrible, usually 10 hours minimum and a lot of times 12 or 14 hours. I figured I must be really laying in bed stoned out of my mind for at least 3 hours before my body started the REM sleep cycles. Not to mention frequently taking psyches in evening and being up all night on week ends fucking my cycle up the ass and making me nocturnal. Today is my 4th day w/o any drugs (aiming for a month) and amazingly last night I woke up after 6.5 hours feeling fine and well rested! It's a miracle! It's so weird to be up at 8 and not hate myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.